Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012
2012 - New beginnings?
When I read Holly Becker's blogpost "End of Year Ritual: List your Accomplishments!" on decor8, I realized I was to exhausted to think about anything.
I like her idea not to make New Year's resolutions but to think of all the good things the old year brought and take these good feelings into the new year.
But yesterday at work I still felt only tired, so I decided spontaneously to take today off and do some simple things I love.
And this is what I did:
- slept late
- had a nice breakfast and read the newspaper
- made a large pot "Coconut Red Lentil Soup" (the recipe is from Heidi Swanson's wonderful blog "101 cookbooks") and enjoyed it for lunch
- went for a long walk
- had cappuccino and ate the last lebkuchen
- flipped through new books and magazines
- had flammekuche and cider for dinner
Now maybe a nice movie and then off to bed.
Well as much as I enjoyed today, I still have to think about things I need to change this year.